Sublette swimmers host Pinedale Invitational
Robert Galbreath photos
PINEDALE – The Pinedale Aquatic Center echoed with the sound of competition on Saturday, Oct. 2. The Sublette County girls’ swim team hosted the day-long Pinedale Invitational featuring eight teams from across the region.
Sublette County battled significantly larger teams and some of the top programs in western Wyoming. Sublette County placed sixth overall with 128 points, beating Lyman and Riverton.
Big Piney junior Rayne Wheeler broke into the top 10 in several events. Wheeler placed seventh in both the 100-meter freestyle at 1 minute, 10.85 seconds and the 200-meter individual medley at 3:01.06.
“This was a very big meet with over 150 athletes competing,” said coach Kursty Day. “It was exciting to see all the teams here and it gave our girls some great competition. We had several athletes finish in the top 10 with personal best times. We look forward to this week’s meets in Rock Springs on Thursday and Rawlins on Saturday.”
“Saturday was a long day that challenged our team to show how strong they are,” coach Ambr Seemann added. “I was impressed with the outstanding swims across the board and I am very proud of how well our swimmers competed against some tough teams.”
- 200-meter medley relay: Addysen Levitt, Jacie Friel, Ceili Fallon and Alexis Thompson in ninth place at 2:43.03.
- 200-meter freestyle: Morgan Grossman in second place at 2:38.20 and KaLee Bohnet in 19th at 3:10.26.
- 200-meter individual medley: Fallon in 13th at 3:13.84 and Jolynn Jones in 23rd at 3:48.51.
- 50-meter freestyle: Sierra Hattan in sixth place at 31.87 seconds, Thompson in 18th at 34.76, Levitt in 22nd at 35.48 and Emma York in 35th at 40.92.
- 1-meter diving: Rhonda Auradou in third place with 247.70 points, Lilly Joseph in 14th at 193.30, Racheal Essington in 15th at 191.80 and Maggie Walker in 20th at 76.35.
- 100-meter butterfly: Hattan in third place at 1:16.96.
- 100-meter freestyle: Friel in 18th place at 1:19.31 and Bohnet in 25th at 1:24.35.
- 400-meter freestyle: Thompson in 10th place at 6:13.03, Cambry Jenks in 20th at 8:07.56 and Ayame Conway in 21st at 8:25.75.
- 200-meter freestyle relay: Hattan, Friel, Wheeler and Grossman in fifth place at 2:12.22.
- 100-meter backstroke: Friel in 10th place at 1:26.56, Fallon in 16th at 1:31.14 and Levitt in 19th at 1:34.79.
- 100-meter breaststroke: Jones in 22nd place at 2:02.02 and York in 23rd at 2:06.79.
- 400-meter freestyle relay: Wheeler, Grossman, Hattan and Fallon in fourth place at 4:56.38.