Sublette swim takes 2nd at Lyman Invite
LYMAN – The Sublette County combined boys’ swim team completed another successful weekend at the Lyman Invitational on Friday, Jan. 22.
Sublette County took second place with 199 points, edging out Evanston by two points with 197 and behind Green River in first place with 316 points. The host school came in fourth with 143 points.
Big Piney junior J.T. Day now has six events to choose from at the State Meet after he qualified in the 100-freestyle at Lyman. Ryen Hacklin, a freshman at Big Piney, joined the squad head to State by qualifying in the 100-breaststroke.
“In Lyman, we swam against Green River – they are new to the 3A Division,” said coach Kursty Day. “This meet gave our boys an opportunity to compete with some tough competition. Our boys have been working hard in practice and will continue to work on our endurance and technique. We are looking forward to swimming in Pinedale on Friday and Saturday.”
Individual results – Big Piney athletes
- 200-yard individual medley: Hacklin in seventh place at 2:42.22.
- 50-yard freestyle: Brayden Hymas in eighth place at 28.01 seconds, Conner King in 10th at 28.70 seconds, Owen Nielson in 13th at 29.94 seconds and John Ruby in 17th at 33.27 seconds.
- 1-meter diving: Hampton Jones in fifth place with 133.75 points.
- 100-yard freestyle: Day in fifth place at 55.99 seconds, Sage Mahaffey in 15th at 1:06.6 and King in 19th at 1:08.53.
- 500-yard freestyle: Nielson in eighth place at 6:32.11 and Hymas in ninth at 6:44.41.
- 100-yard backstroke: Ruby in 10th at 1:31.79.
- 100-yard breaststroke: Hacklin in sixth at 1:16.34, Day in seventh at 1:16.84, Jones in 11th at 1:30.23 and Mahaffey in 12th at 1:31.23.